Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Vintage Keepsake Book Box & Tag Mini Album

Whhewwww! I'm finally getting there! Almost caught up! I'm so excited to share this project with you all!! This is another GDT project for Shabby Papers Hub, Craftycity & Secret Garden. I had purchsed a couple of paper mache book boxes from Michaels craft store. I originally had thought of making a book stack but then changed my mind . I got the idea to make a tag mini album to go on the inside. 

I first went over the edges with gesso, I picked out the paper that Archana sent me. Its a beautiful vintage paper collection. I measured and then ahered the paper to the box using FabriTac . I distressed the edges using Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Ink. I also stamped randomly using a brick wall stamp from Prima Marketing. 








I had a frame in my stash from Michaels $1 spot, Its original color was silver. I painted a couple of layers of white gesso on it then used both Tim Holtz Distress Paints that I purchased at Tuesday morning and Tim Holtz Distress Inks. I then added some beautiful black ruffle trim I had bought from  MsGardengrove on Etsy. I used black chinese braided trim on the back part.  Then used some beautiful flower buds I had recieved in a kit from FlairByMe. On the inside I had this gorgeous tissue paper that I had in my stash that someone had sent me. I can't recall who sent it though. I decoupaged it onto the inside of the box. Then went over the edges with the same distress ink as I used on the outside.



 I had previously seen a tutorial on YouTube that Ginger Ropp who is My Sisters Scrapper on YT had done. It was so easy to follow and then I just added my special embellishing. I had used kraft colored cardstock as my base. I used my We R Memories Keeper corner rounder for the paper and photo mats as well. Used some Distress Ink in Tea Stain color around the edges. I added laces to some of the pages from MsGardengrove . I embellished it with some metal filagrees on the edge of the pages, accented with a flatback pearl, among other embellishments. I added some of the same black ruffle trim to the spine of the album on top of the faux leather paper from Prima. Lastly I used a beautfiul vintage image for the cover. A chipboard sentiment that I only went over with distress ink on the edges & used a Petaloo black burlap flower . 







1 comment:

  1. Beautiful projects, Jeanne. Thanks so much for sharing. <3
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete