Wednesday, September 6, 2017

1st Mixed Media Card for Secret Garden Crafts!!

Hey friends!! I'm back this week with this great creation for Archana's online store Secret Garden Crafts! This week we all made mixed media cards!! I have been really wanting to try this and I finally was able to do it!! I was very happy with how this turned out!! I hope you will give this a try even if you think you might not be able to! I had fun!! 
I began by cutting some ivory card stock 4 1/2 x 5 1/2. I found some paper that a friend had sent me in a RAK so I finally used it!! I love hoarding papers and thought to myself that I really should use it because I think that these papers that I love and want to hoard, I can use them and share with you all how you can make these beautiful papers can end up gorgeous creations!!  
So the paper I used were a couple from the Prima Bella Rouge collection! I loved the vintage, dark reds, grays, just to name a few in this collection. 
I wanted to use the beautiful dark red flowers from Secret Garden Crafts. I will list what I used from the online store down below at the end of my blog. 

I began by distressing the papers, then used Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress ink around the edges. I tore in half the paper that was going to be on top. I put one half on the top of the base and the other half at the bottom. I then picked out a chevron stencil I had in my stash, not sure the brand of it. I used some modeling paste from DecoArts on the stencil. I then used some Lindy's spray and some Deco Art Black shimmer and white shimmer sprays on in, I didn't spray it, just splattered on it. 
I then had some thread that I had received in a mixed media kit that I had previously purchased. I made a small bundle in the center in between those two papers I had torn. I then embossed a chipboard flourish with Lindy's black powder. I then cut it in half and placed one on top of the thread and the other half on bottom. 
I then began adding the flowers from my DT package. I lastly added an embossed chipboard sentiment "Create" , in the center of the flowers, on top of the thread. 


2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful card, Jeanne! Love how it just pops! Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sabrina!! I love this paper collection!! xoxo, Jeanne

      Delete