Saturday, March 10, 2018

Prima Dream Tag (Project for Feb. Helmar Project)

Hello everyone!! Jeanne here back with this 
awesome tag that I made for this month's 
project!! Today's project I decided I would 
use more of the Helmar Fabric Glue. Plus I had 
received a small haul of laces that I was super 
anxious to use and new it would look great with 
this amazingly new paper from Prima 
Marketing!! I hope that you feel inspired by this 
project to mix up laces, a little mixed media, and
 most of all inspired to have fun just as I did
 creating this tag!! 


I began my choosing my papers , in this case I had some left over papers from one of the new Prima collections called Amelia Rose. I absolutely love floral pattern, as well as black . I gathered most of the products I thought I might use from my stash and got to it! The tag I used is a tag that measure 6 1/4 X 3 1/2, its a great size to work with. I begin by adhering the tag directly onto the edge of the paper that I will be using. On this tag I used score tape to adhere the paper to the tag, I then cut along the edge with scissors. I find this easier than measuring the paper then adhering it to the tag but you can do what you find is easiest for you. I then used my Prima distress tool all along the edges of the tag to distress a bit and sort of blend the edges of the paper and tag together. 


I then ripped a piece of the paper with the black and pink floral background, I used a punch on one end and distressed the rest of it with my distress tool, I then added Black Soot Distress Ink around the edges. I had bought some small packs of paper doilies @ Joann's $2 section and picked out pink, dark gray, & white packages. So I chose to use this gray one, I cut in half so I don't waste a whole one that will be covered by paper. So I adhered that first, I had cut a small piece of pink lace to put across the tag, so for that I used Helmar Fabric Glue , and lastly adhered the small piece of torn paper , I used Acid Free Glue on both the paper a doily. 






   







Once I was finished with that, I begin embellishing with some a piece of matching ephemera from the paper collection. I adhered it using the Liquid Scrap Dots which is one of my favorite adhesives from Helmar! I added some stunning lace at the bottom of the tag as well. I adhered that with the Fabric Glue from Helmar as well. I had some matching crystals so I added a few of them in different areas of the tag and used the wonderful adhesive Helmar Gemstone Glue. I then added a grommet to the top using my crop a dile  and added some black seam binding . 



















  I also wanted to add something extra for more details so I added some Prima Sugar in Pink, Black and White to the Prima flowres I had added. Once I was finished with that I splattered some glimmer mists from DecoArts. I lastly added some DecoArts Liquid glass on the small "Note" ephemera 





                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

I hope that you all enjoyed this project share and 
I will be sharing this on all of my social media 
sites as well. I also hope that I have inspired you
 in some little way!! 
~Hugs~




No comments:

Post a Comment