Sunday, March 18, 2018

Marilyn Monroe Matchbook Mini Album Pocket Page

Hi crafty friends!! I'm back this month with a fun, easy to follow tutorial that I thought would be awesome as the themed for this 1st project of mine this month was "film themed" . I did a little twist on it though and made it featuring a photo of my favorite idol "Marilyn Monroe"! I was also inspired to make this not only from the very talented Kathy Orta but also from one of the designers from Maja Designs Cathy Mc Grath



Like I said, it was easy to make and if you enjoy making mini albums, this was just as much fun plus this can be added to any mini album as an extra area for photos, journaling, etc. Hope you enjoy this and if you would like to follow the tutorial that I followed from Kathy Orta just click Here

This project ong up as well as the previous tag I made , it is from the Prima Amelia Rose collection. I also used some of the stickers, a couple of die cuts from the collection and I had added a piece of lace on one of the areas but realized it would be a little too bulky if I used anymore. Not only did I use some scrap paper but I also used some of the journaling cards that come with this collection. I loved some of the sentiments so decided to use some of them up on this project as Marilyn Monroe herself had similar quotes. nly uses (1) 8.5  X 11 card stock, I used up some left over scrap paper that I had from a mini album I've been finishing up.




For this project I only had to use (2) of the adhesives from Helmar! I used the Helmar Acid Free Glue for adhering the entire design paper to the card stock as well as the photo of Marilyn Monroe.  Then for the piece of lace that I did use I used some of the Helmar Fabric Glue  as it has become another one of my favorite adhesives for my fabric and laces on any project! I also used some of the Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Bladck Soot to distress the edges of my design paper before adhering it to my card stock. 

I love the fact that in this project you have some small pockets for tags or even adding some 2.5 X 3.5 photo mats. In the video tutorial Kathy also added a little hinge to be able to get more use out of the pockets. I decided I just wanted to use some of the small die cuts where you can jot down a thought or two. 

Well this is my project for this week! I hope that you will look out for another one of my projects @ the end of this month which is already in the works! Please check out the rest of my design teams posts as well and check out the wonderful tutorial from Kathy Orta! There is so much projects we can make just by using our left over scrap papers! So till next time my crafty friends!! Hope you all have a wonderful and safe weekend!
                                                                                      ~Hugs~ Jeanne 




1 comment: