Saturday, March 10, 2018

Canvas Corp Brands 4x4 Canvas Creative Crew Project

Good morning crafty friends!! I'm so excited to be sharing my first project that we were required to create for Canvas Corp Brands! This 4x4 canvas was sent in our Creative Crew product packages. I started on mine right away! I have recorded a video for YouTube sharing everything that I received from them to work with! 


I began by decoupaging some of the decoupage papers that I had received from the Helping Artists Program from DecoArts. It was a nice background. 


After I let it dry overnight I began adding the black trim all around the edges of the canvas. I then had picked out all of the embellishments that I wanted to use on this canvas. Our canvases were to represent our crafting style and personality. Since I love vintage projects and love dress forms, and most of all love Gypsy themes as well. I had this chipboard dress form that a friend had sent me a couple years ago in some birthday happy mail. There were a few different designs and I chose the one on here cuz its my favorite for vintage themes. I used Lindy's Stamp Gang Embossing Powder in "Cleopatra Copper" and embossed the top part of the dress form. The very top and the bottom part I used the Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze in Black Olive. There is a large variety of colors of this product and I will be ordering more because I love how quick it went on the chipboard without needing any gesso. 


I had already decided that I really wanted to use the Architextures Parchment Rub-Ons (Pose) on my project . So I grabbed (2) of the 3 X 1.5 kraft tags that were in my product box. The rub ons that I chose were super easy to use , taking up no time at all! I absolutely love them and can't wait to use more in upcoming projects! I then distressed the edges of the tags using Tim Holtz distress ink in black soot. I then cut (2) small pieces of Jute Cord that comes in a ball. This was also another product from my Creative Crew Product Package. Then adhered them using Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive which is one of my favorites! I then added a small clock embellishment from my stash , I added a wooden heart from the Prima Collection Salvage District collection , on the dress form and a small black/white cameo cabochon. I found a string of pearl/bling and added it to the bottom part of the embossed area on the dress form. 

I had also chosen some silver metal glasses and some pearl/bling pieces , I added the bling to the eye area of the glasses. Thought it looked unique and I loved that as the tags mention "See It In My Eyes"! I finished off my canvas by added some flowers of course from 49andMarket and Wild Orchid Craft flowers too. Topped it off with an adorable metal womans shoe that I had been saving specifically for a very personal project!

I truly am enjoying working with the amazing products from Canvas Corp, Tattered Angels, & 7 Gypsies! I am very honored to be a part of their Creative Crew this year and looking forward to bringing you more awesome projects. I hope you will stay tuned for those and in the meantime I hope you will check out the rest of my posts!! Thank you for reading about my amazing project today! 
~Hugs~





No comments:

Post a Comment