Friday, August 18, 2017

Shabby Chic card & tag

Hi there crafty friends!! Today I'm back with a couple of projects that I'm very excited to share! Not only are they my 2nd Design Team Projects for Want2Scrap but I actually tried a little mixed media. Nothing too crazy but its a start and I think I'm really gonna enjoy incorporating it into some of my project! Here is my 1st one. 

I started out with a chipboard tag from Prima, I picked out the amazingly beautiful paper from Pion Designs that I had purchase over at a great online store Craftycity, this collection is called Paris Flea Market. I adhered the paper onto the tag then cut the paper around the tag, then using my Prima distress tool, I ran it along all the edges so that the paper somewhat blended with the tag. I then used some DecoArt Modeling Paste to lightly stencil half of a stencil from Prima. 



I applied some lace at the bottom of the tag that I had in my lace stash, then added some tear drop pearl trim from Ideas2Come.  Then added some bling from Want2Scrap, I added a spool cut out from the paper collection, added a Tilda button to the spool, fussy cut some butterflies from the same paper, used some DecoArt Liquid Glass on them, made them look dimensional. I then I just added the flowers and added a matching ribbon


I hope that you all like what I came up with on this tag. Now I will share my card. 

This card I think is one of my favorites that I made. I cut a piece of white card stock to 5 1/2 X 6, I scored it in half then set it aside, I add my piece later onto the cardstock. I first picked out my design paper, I've been hoarding this paper, rarely use it, I will def. be looking to buy another of these paper pads. It's the beautiful paper from First Edition Bella Rose 8x8 paper pad. 

 I then picked out a couple of the papers I wanted to use, I cut the 1st one just 1/8 smaller in width and length than the white cardstock base. I then cut the other paper just a tad smaller. I also distressed the paper, made some random tearing on it, I wanted to be able to add some lace or cheesecloth in those areas. I ended up just cutting small pieces of tirms and adding them there. I added a  iridecent flatback pearl on each tip of the lace. I then added a chipboard sentiment from Want2Scrap. I added some beautiful Prima flowers/leaves, some pearls to accent the flower cluster. I lastly used some DecoArt white shimmer mist that I just received in my helping artist program. 
Thank you for checking out my blog post and please feel free to see the rest of my creations! xoxo, Jeanne 

No comments:

Post a Comment