Sunday, August 20, 2017

1st Design Team Project for Ideas2Come on Etsy

Hello crafty friends! I'm running a little late on this project, I had my grandson and daughter visiting, my grandson has so much energy and I really thought that I would be able to do all of my editing and blogging once I sat to relax, It never happened , he has worn me out! I forgot how hyper 4 year old boys are! 

Anyhow this project I had a great time making! I have always enjoyed altering boxes. This one I had received from a place where I had purchased a mixed media kit, and knew that one day I would repurpose this box because it's a good size and its got a magnetic closure! 



I began by painting it using DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint in Buttermilk color. It's pretty close to Folk Art Vintage White. I only painted around the edges as I would be putting some paper on it. I picked out the gorgeous paper from Graphic 45 Portrait of a Lady. I measured all sides of the box and cut out each section but cut it about 1/16th of an inch shorter. I then distressed all of the edges using my Prima distress tool , I used score tape to adhered the papers to the box. On the inside I decoupaged the Coffee Dyed Music Paper that came in my GDT pkg. I covered the inside bottom and lid and it fit perfectly. On the two sides I adhered the other two design papers that I had set aside. 

After it had all dried, I made a small pocket for the lid using some wide lace from my stash on top of a piece of muslin fabric. Then added some thin lace that had small pearls in it to the bottom of the pocket. 


After I finished with the inside I began embellishing the outer part. I began with the lid, I used one of the Antique Bronze Box Closures from the Ideas2come Etsy shop. I absolutely love these closures!! I adhered it using E6000 cuz I wanted to make sure that it was sturdy even though there was a magnetic closure on the box, it wasn't closing as sturdy because of the layers of papers I had adhered to it.  I finished it off by adhering some bling strands from Prima that I had left over from a mini album I had made. This looked perfect and since I hadn't used any laces on the outside I thought it looked great!!

I then moved on to the top of the box where I started by using one of the larger journaling tags of the paper collection. I wanted that to be my focal point. I propped it up with some pop dots. I then used alot of different flowers including Prima flowers, flowers from Secret Garden Crafts and tucked one of the Foam Flowers from Ideas2Come Etsy. I then adhered some vintage bling trim around the lid. Adding some thinner rhinestone bling trim along the edge of the propped up image. Lastly I applied some stickles to some of the flowers and on the flowers on the image. Around the frame I used some DecoArt Liquid Glass so the frame would look more realistic!!


I hope that you got some sort of inspiration with my project. I hope that you will take a look at all of the great products that Heather carries. She has just oped up her business so check out her small business and show her your support, she's got great deals!! 
Thank you so much for checking out my blog post and I hope you will subscribe to my social media sites and I hope you will follow me here on my blog so you won't miss more fun projects coming up!! XOXO, Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment