Monday, October 24, 2016

Keepsake Memory Box & Layout for Baby Avery

Hi crafty friends! I'm back with this beautiful wooden altered cigar box. I was commissioned by a friend from my hometown to make her grand daughter a  "Keepsake Memory Box" for her nursery and of course to have as she gets older. A place to where she can tuck away her most precious memories and secrets as she grows older into a beautiful young lady. After I used white gesso to primer it, I painted it with white acrylic paint. I had asked my friend what colors she would like for the box. She wanted pink & mint. I knew right then I had the perfect paper for it. It is a paper stack I got from Michaels Recollections "Budapest" . It had the perfect color of mint with gold. I used that on the outside and on the inside, I decided to use the Prima Heaven Sent . I love both of these papers. I used beautiful trims, Prima Resin Frame, I added some tags from the Prima collection on the inside if they wanted to add a picture or a memory. Here is the box that I created (scroll past pics for layout)








I decided that I also wanted to try making a layout, another thing on my bucket list. I did alot of researching and watching YT videos of some of my favorite inspirational crafters, some of them seem just so overwhelming for me so I knew I had to keep my first one simple because I was worried about how it would turn out. So I had asked my friend for a pic of her grand daughter, this I was making as a suprise gift for her. I printed the picture out, I am not sure why my printer made it look so dark but I really didn't have any other means of doing it. Anyhow , I used a 12x12 paper from the DCWV Once Upon A Time paper stack. I also used a tag from the Prima Heaven Sent journaling tag pad. I added some prima flowers from differnt collections. As well as beautiful laces. I did like how it turned out. I'm hoping I can take more of a chance on my next layout. Not sure when that will be but be on the look out for that!! Thanks for checking out my post and hope u will follow me! xoxo, Jeanne






No comments:

Post a Comment